Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What am I doing?

Being busy is the characteristic of Easter for me, more so than any other time of the year. We are getting close to the Pentecost confirmation and First Communion of our parish young people, who receive both sacraments at age 8. There are those 11-14, who we group together, who will receive these sacraments along with them. Then there are our 14-16 year-olds, who are preparing for confirmation, who will be confirmed by Bishop Wester, along with a third group of full-fledged adults who, for various reasons, were never confirmed, on the vigil of Pentecost. I have primary responsibility for the 14-16 year-olds and the adults and I teach a series of Sunday classes for the parents of all the young people.

RCIA is just coming to a conclusion for this year, too. Then there are my weekly baptismal preparation classes for parents of infants and small children. I am glad that School of Community is on Wednesday, it is my mid-week sustenance. In the midst of all this I did manage to complete a five-page paper, which I started on the weekend, last evening. I still have to finish my works cited page. I have nine sources for five pages!

I can tell you that two people make all this possible, my lovely wife, who supports me and loves me, and the Blessed Mother, who intercedes on my behalf and for those I mentioned above and for whom I pray fervently everyday, lifting them up to her. Without either one of these sources of strength, I would be sunk. Instead, I feel good, energetic, excited. Once next week is over, I have a lot of time at home before trotting off to Winona for my last year of courses. Remarkably, I have been able to get my yard in shape, too! Of course, it is great having a son who just turned 15 and who had been quite helpful. Bottom line: I am blessed and I am grateful.

Veni Sancti Spiritus, veni per Mariam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...