Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday notes, or reflections on Monday

After the Monday I had, I believe that the armor of God as described in the sixth chapter of Ephesians is missing a critical piece, classically known as a codpiece, with a more contemporary moniker of a cup. The difference, as far as I can tell, is whether you wear it on the inside or the outside.

Good taste requires that I spare you the picture of Rowan Atkinson modeling a medieval codpiece in his role as Prince Edmund in Blackadder I. I could easily stay home today and watch all four Blackadder series and not give it a second thought, but duty calls and I am convinced that Christ has something great in store for me in carrying them out!- "Remember, O Blessed Virgin Mary, that never was it known..."

Veni Sancti Spiritus, veni per Mariam.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds painful. I hope today was a better day.

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...