Friday, May 1, 2009

"They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band"



This is just too cool not to post, it helps with the blahs!!! Mark Knopfler rules. Hey, since we're now friends on Facebook, this is for Alex, who I know loves DS. It was from Alex's blog that I found the link to this: Congressman Reads Long List of Sex Acts on House Floor. Either you're curious, or you're a liar!

The far away shots look like it's at Mecca with that canopy looking like it is over the Kaba'a. I'd make the Hajj if it featured a live concert by Dire Straits! On the Feast of St. Joseph the Worker, to whom a very blue-collar parish in our diocese is dedicated, the pastor of which parish I had the privilege of sharing lunch today, albeit a working lunch; this is for those who play, like Dire Straits, the music of the working-class, of which I am a born and bred member, having been apprenticed to a plumber at age 15. I was told today by the Judicial Vicar of our diocese that I looked like a Lutheran pastor. What a compliment! If I were not Catholic I'd probably be a Lutheran, or possibly an Anglican.

Veni Sancti Spiritus, veni per Mariam.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks!! :)

    I was in Mission BC, with some friends for a retreat at the Westmister Abbey. Also, met with the Vancouver CL people.

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...