Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday morning

It is Monday morning. I preparing to drop off my oldest daughter at the Choir School. From there she will depart for Choir Camp, leaving me by myself until tomorrow night when my wife and boys return from visiting family Pennsylvania.

I watched three movies I had long wanted to see this weekend: Coraline, which I watched with my girls on Friday night. The Wrestler I watched alone Saturday evening, late. My oldest daughter and I watched Rachel Getting Married last night after my youngest daughter left to spend several days with her grandma. All three films were very good. Maybe more on one or more of them later.

Today strive "to live in a manner worthy of the call [we] have received" (Eph. 4:1). In our striving, let's not make the mistake of acting as if everything depends on us. Recognizing our need is perhaps the most salient way of living in the awareness of the Presence that accompanies us. Also pray the Angelus at noon and 6:00 PM and don't forget to say a few Memorares along your way.


Memorare:
REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petition, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

1 comment:

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...