Friday, July 24, 2009

"When it comes to being lucky I'm cursed"



My oldest sister, who is about 5 years older than I am, introduced me to the music of Linda Ronstadt. Linda was one of the first women I had a crush on! All men have a type. Mine? Dark hair, brown eyes, and shapely. Hey! I married a woman like that!

I think most (if not all) of us know that what Yusuf Islam (a.k.a. Cat Stevens) wrote is true. Hence, The First Cut Is the Deepest is our traditio.

I love her nowdays songs, like Frenes. She is still lovely.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Deacon Scott -

    I am an old Linda Rondstadt fan,
    "Different Drum" was a favorite.
    Have you ever listened to Paul Simon with Linda R. singing "Under African Skies"? It's beautiful.
    And Cat Stevens - my favorite. I've already posted some video's of Cat/Yusuf.

    Yes - that wonderful line from
    "First Cut" - I would say "when it comes to loving me, I'm first." And I don't deserve it - God has blessed me with a loving, caring and PATIENT wife. I couldn't live without her....

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard it, but I will now. It seems we are both blessed with beautiful women as wives. Deo gratias!

    You, too. Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her albums with Nelson Riddle, from the mid-80s, remain astonishingly good. I once heard her interviewed, and she discussed, with disarming sweetness and intelligence, the "architecture" of those great songs.

    Quite a talent.

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...