Thursday, November 15, 2007

On the radio

This morning while driving to work and listening to X96’s Radio From Hell, as is my habit, I heard an installment of RFH's “Ask a . . .” feature. Today it was “Ask a Nun.” The religious sister featured was Sr. Stephanie, a Benedictine from the Mt. Benedict Monastery in my native Ogden. Among the various hats Sr. Stephanie wears is the director of pastoral care at Ogden Regional Hospital, formerly St. Benedict Hospital. I have the great privilege of praying with some of these same Benedictine sisters whenever I preside at weekday communion services at Holy Family Parish, which I have the joy of doing when their pastor is out-of-town. The segment was great to listen to and Sr. Stephanie was very kind, enthusiastic, and informative. You do not need to take my word for it, you can listen for yourself by clicking on the link to the show.

Listening reminded me that several years ago Kerry, Bill, and Gina, RFH co-hosts, would periodically have Fr. Cummings, a priest of our diocese, on the program. His appearances always made for fun listening, as did today's segment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...