Friday, March 12, 2010

"And love's strange, so real in the dark..."


The Academy Awards tribute to John Hughes has me in an '80s frame of mind this week. So, instead of sticking with the covers (I will return next week), I am posting the original video of the Simple Minds' classic, Don't You Forget about Me, it's still retro! This song was made all the more popular because it is the final song for Hughes' The Breakfast Club, the lyrics of which resonated perfectly with the film.

"...slow change may tear us apart when the light gets into your heart ... When you call my name, I'll be there..."

Meum cum sim pulvis et cinis

1 comment:

  1. Ah, memories. That was my high school class song and I think we all had "Breakfast Club" memorized.

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...