Thursday, December 22, 2011

"I never felt so much alike"

Today marks the ninth anniversary of the way-too-early passing of Joe Strummer. Strummer was only 50 when a previously undetected heart defect killed him. He is most famous for being a member that amazing group The Clash. More than any group, it was The Clash that first brought punk to the mainstream. Since this week has already become tribute week here on Καθολικός διάκονος, what's one more, especially for a man who deserves one? Besides, it's almost Christmas. Since I "do" Advent, while everyone is near to petering out, I'm just getting started. This will not take the place of tomorrow's traditio.



"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control." This takes me back to something of Hitch's I quoted back 2009: Morality is not faith and religion is not social control.

London calling to the imitation zone/Forget it, brother, you can go it alone/London calling to the zombies of death/Quit holding out, and draw another breath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...