Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Umm. Umm. I don't know . . .

Martin Heidegger observed that we live our lives against the horizon of death. Msgr. Giussani taught us that our destiny lies beyond that horizon, which is a return to our origin. Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham teach us something about the poignancy of living the in-between, which has been aptly described as this present darkness. Today I am aware of both the blessing of life and the finite nature of my life. I still think Stevie is beautiful! I hate that I have to wear reading glasses! Time does, indeed, make you bolder. My children are getting older. I am getting older, too. As summer winds down, I am wounded by the beauty, by the mystery of my existence.



This song is a hymn. I wanna do a punk version. I am a disciple of Balthasar, baptizing everything and worried that others will do the same!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. For the text and the video. btw, the live version normally heard on radio is a killer.

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...