Saturday, December 15, 2007

"As we wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ"

Over on our parish blog, The People of St. Mary Magdalene, I have been marking this season of Advent, which always seems to catch me a bit flat-footed, unlike Lent for which I prepare. Anyway, here are some Advent posts written to assist you in your reflections during this beautiful and overlooked season of hope:

First Sunday of Advent
(Photograph by Ben Bell)
Awaiting the reign of justice

Second Sunday of Advent

Advent: The recognition of the world's renovation

Third Sunday of Advent: Gaudete Sunday



Writing about this season of hope, I know that I promised more on the Holy Father's encyclical Spe Salvi, but I could not improve on Fr. Gerald O'Collins, S.J.'s article in America entitled Pope Benedict on Hope: Considering the pope's new encylical. Additionally, over on Cahiers, Fred has a reflection on the letter that is very much worth considering: The Heart of Spe Salvi as does Suzanne (thanks for the correction Fred) with More on Spe Salvi.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks!

    Actually, Suzanne wrote the post "More on Spe Salvi." The perils of a group blog: I just realized today that Alex posted the G. Keilor piece...

    And Fr. O'Collins must have overlooked the 3 direct references to the Holy Spirit... :)

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...