Friday, May 25, 2007

My Gram Parsons project, part I


"Love hurts/love scars/love wounds/it mars/any heart not tough, or strong enough to take a lot of pain/take a lot of pain/Love is like a cloud that pours a lot of rain. . ." Nonetheless, "I know it isn't true. I know it isn't true that love is just a lie made to make you blue."

Although a signature song of the Scottish group Nazareth, let us not forget Gram Parsons, who wrote it and to whom this is a tribute. The beauty of this version is that it returns the song from rock ballad to twangy country tune. Our hearts are fickle and weak, but "You have made us for Yourself," O Lord, "and our hearts are restless until they rest in You."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...