Saturday, January 20, 2007

"Out of the mouths of babes"

"Every time you do something nice for someone you get closer to God". Ghandi, Merton, Nouwen, Br. Lawrence, Richard Foster? No, a six year-old daughter of a certain deacon who resides in Northern Utah as she shovelled our sidewalk and then that of our neighbors. Like all of my parent readers who take seriously their responsibility as the primary catechists of their children, I often wonder if any of what my wife and I teach our children either by word or example takes. In the words of my Arabic Muslim friends Insha'Allah, if God wills it. I thank God for sending me one of those consolations about which I wrote the other day. It is nice to see a ray of light, especially on a snowy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...