Friday, December 26, 2014

"Every night I had the strangest dream"

Joe Cocker passed away just before Christmas. While forever associated with his Woodstock performance, which included the best ever rendition of The Beatles "I Get By With a Little Help," Cocker was really an old-time bluesman of the best sort. Thanks for all the great music, for singing the blues, the music of the human soul.



Here's one that is quite recent for our traditio:



Seems I got to have a change of scene
Cause every night I have the strangest dreams
Imprisoned by the way it used to be
Left here on my own or so it seems
I got to leave before I start to scream
But someone's locked the door and took the key

Praying that Joe is, indeed, feelin' alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of Holy Week

Readings: Isaiah 42:1-7; Psalm 27:1-3.13-14; John 12:1-11 Being nine months to the day before Christmas, normally today we would mark the...