Sunday, August 1, 2010

"Jesus got something way better for you"


Apart from the fact that I hope that the business owner really would not charge Ms. Goncalves for any money taken from the store at gunpoint, I am very impressed with her witness. I think she is quite right that it was "the Holy Spirit of God that really made [her] want to tell him about Jesus." As to whether Jesus is going to return soon, it may be true for all I know. It is an article of Christian faith, a dogma: "He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and His kingdom will have no end." I do know that life is short and what we do, or fail to do, matter and that to turn one's back on the truth is serious. I also know that God is merciful. Just how that all works out in the end is up to Him, not me.

"Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves... do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour. For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you" (Matt. 10:16.19b-20).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...