Thursday, April 2, 2009

In memoriam- Pope John Paul II

It seems impossible that he has been gone from us for four years.


O Blessed Trinity
We thank You for having graced the Church with Pope John Paul II
and for allowing the tenderness of your Fatherly care, the glory of the cross of Christ, and the splendor of the Holy Spirit, to shine through him. Trusting fully in Your infinite mercy and in the maternal intercession of Mary, he has given us a living image of Jesus the Good Shepherd, and has shown us that holiness is the necessary measure of ordinary Christian life and is the way of achieving eternal communion with you. Grant us, by his intercession, and according to Your will, the graces we implore, hoping that he will soon be numbered among your saints.
Amen.


Once again, I add my voice to the chorus: Santo subito! Papa Wojtyla- ora pro nobis!

I am in a very musical mode right now. So, ....





With a deep diaconal bow to my friend Paul, who blogs at Communio, from H2o news, a beautiful reflection on JPII. Also, do not miss Salt+Light tv's video montage (it's gotta be a montage, right?) posted by Rocco over at Whispers. As well as Sharon's remembrance.

3 comments:

  1. That's a great photo. of our late Holy Father wearing the shades.

    It seems amazing to think he has been gone all this time; but that said, we've been blessed by Benedict, who was chosen to continue God's work.

    My father died suddenly on the 2nd of April this year. He wasn't a Catholic and so I have great confidence that the Servant of God, John Paul, will aid him with his intercession.

    A holy and happy Holy Week and Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Ruth

    http://muffinsnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pontesisto:

    I am sorry to hear about your father's passing. I agree that it is a great grace to share the date with JPII.

    I hope you are having a wondeful Triduum and that the hope of the resurrection blows away your grief over your father's death

    Ruth:
    Thanks for your kind words and welcome

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...