Saturday, May 17, 2008

MySpace

I am in the process of setting up a MySpace page. I realize, in the lovely words of poet Jude Simpson, that "Jesus doesn't have a myspace page". Apparently there is no way to get all the obnoxious "hook-up" advertising off my space. I suppose it is my space only to the extent I am willing to offer advertisements to visitors. I am trying to get a winery to sponsor my house and pay me for it. Chez Dodge, brought to you by Barefoot Winery!

It makes me appreciate Blogpsot all the more. Well, rushing in where angels fear to tread, I offer a link to MySpace. To put both of my readers at ease, I have no desire to migrate my blog over. In fact, on my profile, I link back to this space.

Holy Mary, Mother of God- pray for us
St. Stephen- pray for us
St. Mary Magdalene- pray for us
St. Isidore of Seville- pray for us
Sts. Francesco and Chiara- pray for us
All holy men and women- pray for us.


Please note my update at the end of the post The cinema on sex.

4 comments:

  1. I think you should be on Face Book - not MySpace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are reasons I am on MySpace. It is a jungle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hope that the teen obsession with myspace would end.

    Good luck with it, and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll see. I think it will produce some interesting interactions. It was kind of fun putting together a play list and typing in a bunch of books and films I like. I think social networking via the internet is here to stay. As with all things, there is good and bad.

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...