Saturday, May 10, 2008

"Live in me and be free"

From the Ironic Catholic, all the way from Minnesota, from my school, to which I am once again returning this summer:



Congratulations to all the Theology graduates from St. Mary's University, it so great to see young people studying and planning on lives of service to the Church. We need you, thanks!

Let us today cultivate the awareness taught by St. John Baptiste LaSalle: "Let us remember that we are in the holy presence of God"- he makes an appearance in the video, he is in the stained glass window. Let us also strive to make Christ present where ever we are. After all, he is "God from God, light from light, true God from true God". In other words, he is our God and we are his people, the flock he shepherds.

4 comments:

  1. The Ironic CatholicMay 10, 2008 at 9:15 AM

    Glad you like it, Scott! I agree, these young people fill me with much hope for the Church of the future. They are smart, devout, idealistic people who love God. They will do good work because they will allow God to work through them.

    I think the previous year's (also on youtube--"Make Me A Channel") has some better flow and pictures, but the idea is to create a promotional piece for the university's undergrad program...and maybe the grad program?

    p.s. John Becker--the song underneath the video-- is Dr. Fr. Becker's brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the whole thing. I needed some motivation other than fear, this helped. I did get my annotated bibliography completed.

    Isn't Fr. Becker your pastor? It great to assist him at the altar for Sunday Mass last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ironic CatholicMay 10, 2008 at 8:57 PM

    Yep, Fr. Bill is my pastor. What a treat, eh? He's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, what a treat. he is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...