Friday, April 28, 2017

"Forever, watching love grow"

I couldn't go two weeks without posting a traditio. So, for this Second Friday of Easter I am putting up Radiohead's cover of Joy Division's song "Ceremony." According to the caption on the video, Radiohead performed this seminal song during a webcast they did in 2007. Now I need to dig up my copy of Radiohead's OK Computer album.

It was 37 years ago today that Joy Division filmed the video for "Love Will Tear Us Apart."

Over the past few weeks somebody has been painting lyrics on the streets of Manchester, England

I have posted "Ceremony" before, but with video of Sofia Coppola's "Marie Antoinette" on or around Bastille Day. Of course, "Ceremony" has nothing to do with the French Revolution, at least not discernibly. This is the music of my people. For us "Ceremony" is a kind of hymn.



This is why events unnerve me
They find it all, a different story
Notice whom for wheels are turning
Turn again and feel towards this time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...