Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Καθολικός διάκονος: Year in review

Below is my selection from each month of this past year that I think best captures what I was experiencing during that month. So, this is not really a best of 2010 list, but a representative sample of this past year here on Καθολικός διάκονος:

December- Faith and the morals: the Church and the world

November- Fleshing our Advent, incarnating it

October- Where the "less trivial elbows the important things"

September- Burning the Qu'ran is not the way a Christian acts

August- A rambling remembrance of Allan Bloom on music

July- A thought from the road

June- "And don't come back until you've redeemed yourselves"

May- Love is not neither a sentiment nor a sediment- what discipleship looks like

April- Heads Goldman wins, tails you lose (and they win)

March- Deacon Dad

February- Parshat Acharei Mot

January- Personal and philosophical ruminations for a Tuesday

I certainly invite both of my readers to chime in if there are any posts from this past year that struck you in any way.

Veni adoramus

2 comments:

  1. I like your March entry. It was the day after we got home from China with Annie. Very true words for that time in what was going on for me.
    March 19 is known as family day, for it was the day we came home and were united as a family as it was the day Lizzy met her sister fir the first time.
    March 19 being the Solemnity of St Joseph is especially meaningful to me as I reflect upon St Josephs vocation often in my own calling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed, Dan. Being a Dad is a calling, a vocation because, at least for me, it requires a great deal of grace.

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...