Monday, November 16, 2009

Prayer for the beginning of the day

This is my morning prayer during this season of preparation:

"O Lord, grant me to greet the coming day in peace. Help me in all things to rely upon Your holy will. In every hour of the day reveal Your will to me. Bless my dealings with all who surround me. Teach me to treat all that comes to me throughout the day with peace of soul and with firm conviction that Your will governs all. In all my deeds and words, guide my thoughts and feelings. In unforeseen events, let me not forget that all are sent by You. Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without embittering and embarassing others. Give me strength to bear the fatigue of the coming day, with all that it shall bring. Direct my will, teach me to pray, and You, Yourself, pray in me. Amen."

This prayer replaces for me the Memorare during this season of preparing for the Lord:

"It is truly right to bless you, O Theotokos, ever blessed and most pure, and the Mother of our God. More honorable than the cherubim, and more glorious beyond compare than the seraphim, without defilement you gave birth to God the Word: true Theotokos, we magnify you. Mary, Theotokos, pray for us."

Kyrie eleison
Christi eleison
Kyrie eleison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...