Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Postette vs. post

I appears that predictions about the promulgation of the Holy Father's encyclical were wrong. As for me, I have more than enough to keep me occupied for awhile. Things are progressing nicely here at the Institute. I have a lot of work once I get back. Given the hectic pace of my life, I am more ambivalent about it now than before. Nonetheless, I am determined. I think my ambivalence arises more from my uncertainty about having anything to really say in order to add to the discussion.

I long to ago admitted to being an ambivalent blogger. Through this experience I have learned that ambivalence really is more about being conflicted. Given that the issue becomes whether the conflict can be constructive. The name we often give to constructive conflict is dialectical tension. As the late Mark Searle once wrote: "tension creates energy". I am kind of counting on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...