Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"I went to see my friend today"

This is a great song. It is has a great deal of personal meaning for me. I listened to an interview with George Jones recently in which he said this was the song he'd always wanted to write, kinda like the apex of his song-writing. It is a real love song, about how human love is incomplete because we are not capable of loving as we should, as we are created to love. It is a reminder that God is love. He Stopped Loving Her Today is our T-giving traditio. In case you don't know, George Jones (who with me and Tom Jones is Welsh) is a punk rocker!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...