Monday, November 24, 2008

"arrogant, impatient and insensitive," or so it seems

I was lured by the title Sadly, my blog is a wanton floozy. Hey, I am happily married and a deacon, but still a guy! Anyway, this siren song led me to the Typealyzer webpage that does a Meyers-Briggs analysis on the contents of one's blog. Happily (you can turn anything into an adverb), my blog is not a shamless Lothario. Rather, it is an INTP, which means:

"The logical and analytical type. They are especialy attuned to difficult creative and intellectual challenges and always look for something more complex to dig into. They are great at finding subtle connections between things and imagine far-reaching implications.

"They enjoy working with complex things using a lot of concepts and imaginative models of reality. Since they are not very good at seeing and understanding the needs of other people, they might come across as arrogant, impatient and insensitive to people that need some time to understand what they are talking about."


I suppose this is fairly accurate. I am probably not the best judge of that, however. Our parish blog, The People of St. Mary Magdalene, which I maintain along with our Director of Liturgy and Music, though not too successfully as of late, also rated as an INTP. I do know that one cannot usually grasp where I stand on something by reading just one post. Here at Καθολικός διάκονος, in the true spirit of my dear W's Cambridge, our motto is: In for a penny, in for a pound! This analysis also can also be verified by the fact that it is not too different from my personal INTJ. So, it seems that my blog is a pretty good reflection of my personality as gauged by Meyers-Briggs.

1 comment:

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...