Saturday, September 22, 2012

"You refuse to put anything before your pride"

Wow! It's been an amazingly busy, and productive, few weeks. Even though it's a day late and perhaps even a dollar short, Chaka Khan's "Tell Me Something Good" is our Friday traditio, a change of pace from what  I've been putting up. One of the last two weeks I spent in lovely St. Louis, Missouri. While there, driving to a meeting one morning, I heard this classic song. It has been more than a week since that happened, but it's been in my mind, making me feel great as we enter into one of my favorite times of the year, early fall, when there always seems to me to be a kind of electricity in the air. Such breaks help me with my Lenten commitment not to be obsessive about posting something everyday. Here as elsewhere, I hope quality trumps quality.



One little known fact about Chaka (born Yvette Marie Stevens) is that, unlike a lot of R & B performers, who began in music by singing in Gospel choirs, she was born and raised Roman Catholic by devout parents in Chicago.



Got no time, is what you’re known to say/I’ll make you wish there were 48 hours to each day/The problem is, you ain’t been loved like you should/What I got to give will sure enough do you good

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...