Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Taking a break

The beginning of August strikes me as a good time to take a few days away from blogging. For the remainder of this week I am only posting the Friday traditio before returning Saturday evening with a reflection on the Sunday readings. It is time to pray, to take a few walks, to finish some reading, put together some notes for a retreat I am giving to the staff of a local parish next week, and to enter fully into the Dormition fast. So, rosaries and Memorarés will be abundant.

I cannot believe that I initially neglected to mention that today is the liturgical memorial of St. Peter Julian Eymard, founder of the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament. Let us not forget the words of the Apostle of the Eucharist: "The Holy Eucharist is the perfect expression of the love of Jesus Christ for man, since It is the quintessence of all the mysteries of His Life." St. Peter Julian, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...