Friday, August 12, 2011

"I thought that pain and truth were things that really mattered..."

For our traditio today we're staying to close to the ground, stripped down, from the heart, none of which is to say hopeless, just the opposite: hope-full. So, In a Big Country live fits the bill, pays the bill, for me today.


"So take that look out of here, it doesn't fit you/Because it's happened doesn't mean you've been discarded/Pull up your head off the floor, come up screaming/Cry out for everything you ever might have wanted/I thought that pain and truth were things that really mattered/But you can't stay here with every single hope you had shattered"

This is one of those songs that indisputably has the requisite Celtic spirit, which is explains why it has always been a spirtual song to me.

3 comments:

  1. The live version! Who knew? Great song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful performance....and Les Paul guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you listen to this with good speakers or headphones, the bass lines are awesome. As a rythym section guy myself, I was impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...