Saturday, July 9, 2011

Marriage as the total gift of self on Καθολικός διάκονος

I was asked to provide more insight on the Church's teaching with regard to marital sexuality, or, to provide a more in-depth take on Humanae Vitae. Rather than write another post I thought I would catalogue my posts from over the years on the subject of marriage and marital intimacy. I have dealt with this subject a lot over the years largely due to the fact that the sacrament of matrimony is something I endeavor, with aid of my lovely wife and the grace of God, to live:

NFP: a faithful reality check

The reality of the human person

"Not everyone can receive this saying"

"I believe that children are our future" and so does the pope

Humanae Vitae and the communio sanctorum

An amateur stab at moral reasoning

A humane view of "Of Human Life"

Starting from a positive hypothesis: marriage is unity

Starting from a positive hypothesis: marriage is indissoluble

More on marriage

Humane Vitae turns 40, part II

Humane Vitae turns 40

Pope John Paul I on "this most delicate matter"

Marriage and the Gift of Life: Some Diaconal Observations

UPDATE: I would like to add to this post the link to the website for the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Subcommittee For the Promotion and Defense of Marriage, which, like the USCCB's site, For Your Marriage, is an excellent resource. In addition to reading Humanae Vitae, the USCCB's Married Love and the Gift of Life is also a must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...