Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"When I let things stand that should not be, My Lord did trouble me"



It is with a deep diaconal bow to Deacon Greg Kandra that I post this new video of Tom Jones' recording of Did Trouble Me from his new album Praise & Blame, which will be released 26 July.


Of course, this is not Tom's first appearance on these pages. I have previously posted A Boy From Nowhere live from Cardiff and Give a Little Love from his album 24 Hours. I grew up listening to Tom, the boxer from Wales, whose music my Mom likes. So, I find this release exciting. Besides, who can't use a little spiritual re-charge mid-week? I have been going the rounds this week and last about some issues facing us as a nation. I find this song particularly encouraging right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...