Friday, July 9, 2010

"I don't know if you know who I am..."



You're not getting out of the '80s without some Phil Collins! So, In the Air Tonight is this Friday's Καθολικός διάκονος traditio. The scene on the Chicago El with Tom Cruise and Rebecca De Mornay from the movie Risky Business did a lot for the popularity of the song. Risky Business being something like a far less innocent version of Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

It's great that the original video is available. It reminds me of when MTV played music videos pretty much exclusively.

2 comments:

  1. I still remember the Very 1st Video On MTV...

    I remember getting up late at night just to WATCH MTV and see the Moon Man...

    Sigh...I feel Old...

    ReplyDelete
  2. MTV 1983 the Buggles Video Killed the Radio Star, which we now know was a bit premature.

    We're not old, not at all!

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...