Saturday, July 10, 2010

"where the girls look like Madonna and the guys sound like DeNiro"



Posting Friday about MTV and reading a comment from my fellow Gen Xer (I think), From the Pews, about getting up to watch MTV, or staying up to watch it, I was reminded of the hilarious Colin Quinn MTV special Goin' Back to Brooklyn, which featured a take on and cover of L.L. Cool J's Goin' Back to Cali. Who says Irish guys can't rap? Well, I do. It's kinda like my fellow Welshman, Tom Jones' rendition of the Talking Heads' Burning Down the House, even with The Cardigans. Nonetheless, Colin kicks it in this one. This is for Deacon G. and my friends from Bay Ridge.

When I first saw this special, I laughed until my whole body ached.

1 comment:

  1. Like, I am like, Totally from Gen. X...but like, I am like TOTALLY a Valley Girl, like Totally Tubular, like you know...

    LOVED the Video...what a ride...

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...