Friday, May 14, 2010

"I prayed my prayers, but I went my way..."


Glenn Kaiser singing Shaky Ground live, is this week's traditio.

"He'd gone to the church all of his life
He'd heard what the preacher said
but the life he lived did him no good
the truth simply filled his head."


To paraphrase Giussani, for most people religion remains only words, or, worse yet, head stuff, not a matter of the heart, which is why Jesus always speaks "cor ad cor loquitur," which means heart speaking to heart. So, to borrow words from the psalmist, "if today you hear his voice, harden not your heart."

Alithos Anesti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...