Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Random thought for a snowy morning

It occurred to me the other day as I was re-reading parts of Trotsky's History of the Russian Revolution, in which one of his main concerns is to explain why and how the material dialectic caused the communist revolution to occur in backwards ass Russia instead of in one of Europe's industrialized countries, as Marx believed (Trotsky is bold and creative in his effort to explain, but ultimately unconvincing), that if I had been a communist in those early days I probably would have been a party theorist. Only then did it occur to me that, as a result, I probably would've been one of the first people marched into woods and shot in the head.

Yes, these are things I think about, which explains why I have a hard time replacing door knobs and other practical chores.

2 comments:

  1. Deacon Scott -

    You have a most interesting and amazing mind. This post is humorous, but I am not sure if it supposed to be.

    PS: Do you watch "This Old House" ?

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brian. I am not sure what I intended by posting that tidbit. Oddly, I felt compelled to do so. So, it can be taken any way.

    I don't watch "This Old House," but I am sure my lovely wishes that I would

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...