Friday, October 23, 2009

"If my life is mine what shouldn't I do?"

I have really liked this since I first heard it. So, our Friday traditio is Metric's Help I'm Alive.



"I get wherever I'm going, I get whatever I need." The question posed seems the one everybody asks at some point: If your life is yours, then ...

To whom do you belong? This puts me in mind of something Paul wrote to the church at Corinth, when they were arguing about to whom they belonged, fracturing the community into factions: "'The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.' So let no one boast in men. For all things are yours, whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours, and you are Christ's, and Christ is God's" (1 Cor. 3:20b-23).

I think "Help I'm alive" is the cri de coeur of many, which brings me An Unusual Approach to Christian Existence.

Veni Sancti Spiritus, veni per Mariam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...