Friday, October 16, 2009

Msgr. Luigi Giussani



Even if you don't know any Italian, this is worth watching because you get a sense of Don Giussani, of his person, of the charism God imparted to the world through him. Yesterday, 15 October, marked the date of his birth in 1922. I don't mind saying that I pray and look forward to his canonization, which means that I ask for his intercession often.

I value friendship with the saints. I think Giussani is pleased that CL exists, even in our smallness, here in Utah, of all places! When my friend Carlo introduced me to Fr.Carrón in New York, he seemed at once surprised and pleased. I asked him to pray for us. I ask Don Giussani and to guide me because I have never belonged to a CL community I have not led, which is probably not ideal and certainly his experience, too. This clip of dear Don Giussani is our Friday traditio.

Veni Sancti Spiritus, veni per Mariam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...