Friday, July 18, 2008

Just too cool to pass by

The BBC reports, complete with video clip, on Cesare Bonizzi, the metal monk. OF course, he is a Franciscan, what else?
Please remember that today is Friday. Therefore, let us be mindful of the love God has shown us in Christ, who, "while we were still sinners," died for us (Rom 5,8). We do so by abstaining from the meat of warm-blooded animals, or fasting. We can fast not only from food, but from anything that distracts us from God.

We also intensify our prayer as well as actively and intentionally seek to perform works of mercy. We do not perform our works of mercy as a way of demonstrating our own righteousness because, let's face it, apart from Christ Jesus we are unrighteous. Rather, we perform such acts that the mercy of God, in some small way, may be shown forth through us and in gratitude for what God has done for us in and through Jesus Christ, our one hope.

Again, our traditio this week was posted a day early.

UPDATE:
I just want Fr. Erik to know that he is not the first person to associate me with Scott Evil.
"Well my friend Sweet Jay took me to that video arcade in town, right, and they don't speak English there, so Jay got into a fight and he's all, 'Hey quit hasslin' me cuz' I don't speak French' or whatever! And then the guy said something in Paris talk, and I'm like, 'Just back off!' And they're all, 'Get out!' And we're like, 'Make me!' It was cool."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...