Tuesday, July 15, 2008

6 things about me that, while unremarkable, you probably don't want to know

In accordance with the rules, which stipulate that I,
1. Link the person(s) who tagged me
2. Mention the rules on my blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of mine
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged
I have been tagged by Fred, who is Deep Furrows, for the 6 quirks meme. Unlike the others I am disappointed at being limited to merely six.

1) After declarative sentences, I love to say "'nuff said"
2) One of my favorite activities is laying on my bed and reading in a t-shirt and underwear
3) While drinking a little wine, I give '80s catechism on Fridays, using YouTube, to my wife and children, which the kids love; my wife is another story, as a pianist, she loathes punk
4) I get a strange, yet pleasant, sensation from saying the acronym "MFWIC" at work and also saying, "Cool whip," featuring an exaggerated wh sound anytime and randomly
5) While an undergrad, I used to try and carry on conversations with people using only the lyrics from, say, REM songs- I still look for opportunities to use song lyrics for replies to questions and queries, or to pose them. For example, when it is hot in the house at night, I ask, "How can we sleep when our beds are burning?", or when someone says "God save the queen," I feel compelled to reply, "She ain't no human being". See, you get it and, predictably, you want to slap me
6) When home alone, I do not answer the phone or the doorbell- I don't do the latter because I am usually reading in my underwear and I don't do the former because voicemail takes a better message than I do and always remembers when somebody calls

I tag
Rebecca of Faith's Mystery,
Alex of Vitus Speaks,
the Ironic Catholic,
Alice of Diary of a Bad Housewife,
Marie of Naru Hodo, and
Fr. Erik of Orthometer

2 comments:

  1. Cool whip, wheird.

    (I hope you have seen that Family Guy episode.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ironic CatholicJuly 16, 2008 at 9:13 PM

    I'll try. I honestly have fessed up any quirk I'm aware of by this point.

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...