Saturday, March 10, 2007

God, Beauty, and Children

On a lighter, not to mention shorter, note: Upon my arrival home this afternoon, our driveway was covered with beautiful chalk drawings in flourescent pink, blue, yellow, and green. It is truly lovely. I need to take a picture and post it. I knew my very expressive six year-old daughter was the one largely responsible. As I told her before her going-to-bed: "You have so much beauty that you can't keep it inside." Maybe Jesus knew what he was saying when he said that unless we receive the kingdom of God like a child, we will not enter it (Mk 10,15).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...