Friday, March 28, 2014

"Well it's hard enough to hear"

For Lent (and hopefully beyond), in imitation of Christ, I am trying to go easy on myself and on others. Frankly, my success has been limited and even spotty. I have also been listening to a lot of contemporary Christian music, a genre that many people I know claim not to be able to stand, which is fine. Anyway, our Friday traditio for this Third Friday of Lent is Tenth Avenue North's "Let It Go."



As N.T. Wright once said in a (fairly) famous lecture he gave at Wheaton College: "Never get so wrapped up in your salvation that you forget what you are saved for." I know I need to learn how to better rest in God's grace. Whenever you play "G-R-A-C-E" it is at least a triple word score.




Harder still to move beyond this fear
We know there's nothing I can bring
So tell me what do you want from me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...