Friday, September 6, 2013

Kyrie eleison

It seems fitting not only because it's Friday, but because it's the eve of the day of fasting and prayer the Holy Father has called for tomorrow for peace in Syria and throughout the entire Middle East, to have the Kyrie from Bach's Mass in B Minor for our Friday traditio:



Acknowledging our need for God's mercy, so freely given in and through Christ Jesus, is a good way to begin our prayer, which is why the Penitential Rite comes at the beginning of Mass. Certainly when it comes to resorting to violence, most everyone of us needs forgiveness and a firm purpose of amendment.



I was most blessed to have been able to observe a holy hour before the Blessed Sacrament in my favorite prayer chapel at Holy Family Church in South Ogden on my way home from work. When I arrived there was one brother, whom I had never met before, we prayed together. An even better blessing. God is good. By way of encouragement, here's a bit of a bonus, an oldie by Wayne Watson, "When God's People Pray."

This Friday traditio is the 2,600th post on Καθολικός διάκονος.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Holy Thursday

Christ Washing the Disciples' Feet , by Jacopo Tintoretto (1519-1594) “Unless I wash you, you will have no inheritance with me.” ( ...