Friday, May 17, 2013

"I heard you calling a thousand miles away"

Prompted by some reading this week, I am feeling a little nostalgic and, at the same time, recognizing that nostalgia is a longing for home, understanding that the way home is forward, not backward. Seems pretty straightforward, but, at least to me, it's not.



It may surprise many people almost 30 years later, but in addition to "Melt With You," Modern English has a few other very good songs, like "Hands Across the Sea," which is our late-appearing Friday traditio. It's fitting that I was able to find Modern English playing this nostalgic song just a few years ago. It captures my mood nicely.



I can't explain this feeling/I won't begin to try/There is still a chance if we just close our eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...