Friday, November 23, 2012

"We are who we are on our darkest day"

"Carry On" by Fun is our Friday traditio for this day they call Black Friday. I write "they," because it doesn't include me. You'll find me nowhere near a place of commerce today. It's only black if you seek the darkness.

So, our challenge today, as it is each day, is becoming who you are, who you are not only created, but redeemed to be. In Christian vocabulary, this becoming is called sanctification, an on-going process "until we all attain to the unity of faith and knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the extent of the full stature of Christ, so that we may no longer be infants, tossed by waves and swept along by every wind of teaching arising from human trickery, from their cunning in the interests of deceitful scheming" (Eph 4:13-14).



But I like to think/I can cheat it all/To make up for the times I've been cheated on/And it's nice to know/When I was left for dead/I was found and now I don't roam these streets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...