Saturday, November 17, 2012

Another partial fragment

I have several posts in the works presently. I don't really do much refining. Blogging for me is a partial and fragmentary exercise, hints of what I might seriously engage if I were an academia nut (Yes, I've been dying to use that for awhile now).

I learned today from a friend who also blogs (I hate using "blog" as a verb, yet I do it) that that the USCCB hosted something called Bishops & Bloggers. He was joking about the fact that he wasn't invited. I told him that he could rest easy because I wasn't either, despite the fact that my bishop serves as chairman of the USCCB's Committee on Communications. But what's a blogger to do?



For anyone who is truly a blogger, the answer is simple: write about it, whatever it may be.

It's worth pointing both of my readers in the direction of myfriendwhoalsoblogs' post, which is really a very good reflection on the dialectical tension generated by authentic faith. Besides, where else are you going to find a character from Narnia (the "backsliding" Susan) and The Who narratively linked together?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...