Friday, February 25, 2011

Where do the most important conversations happen?

Because I was praying and thinking about, as well as planning for Lent this afternoon, something I read in an interview that John Allen did with Cardinal George back in early January struck me. In his response to Allen's question about what he would like to do after his retirement as archbishop of Chicago, Cardinal George responded by first stating that he would like to resume hearing confessions because he missed doing so as a bishop. "The conversations that take place in the sacrament of reconciliation are the most important conversations on the face of the planet. There you meet a soul in the presence of God ... I would very much like to make that ministry a large part of my life."

1 comment:

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...