Friday, February 11, 2011

"I wanna tell you, oh, how much I love you"


I thought that Led Zepplin lead singer Robert Plant's cover of Phil Phillips' Sea of Love, which he did with his short-lived post-Zepplin group The Honey Drippers (that also featured his Zepplin bandmate Jimmy Page along with Jeff Beck), would work for this particular day. I chose this song largely due to the fact that, in addition to being the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, today is my lovely wife's birthday. So, hearkening back to an earlier era, I dedicate this to her.

Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us
St. Bernadette Soubirous, pray for us

1 comment:

  1. They Honey Drippers;
    I liked this short-lived group. Always liked Plant.

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...