Sunday, February 6, 2011

Failed technical experiments in blogging

Okay, today I got the bright idea to update my blog template because Καθολικός διάκονος has had the same look for a year now. Well, it was a failed experiment that ultimately forced me to delete my blog and start over again. Even though I back my blog up as a .xml file at least every month and usually more frequently, some elements were irretrievably lost, like my list of people who read my blog.


Every failure is an opportunity to start again. So, I urge all my long-time readers and any new readers to "Follow" Καθολικός διάκονος. I refer to it as my list of people who encourage me. I guess like Paul, I only urge people to follow me to the extent I follow Christ and I am very certain I am not nearly the disciple Paul was ( 1 Cor. 11:1). I invite you join me on this on-going journey of faith, hope, and love.

8 comments:

  1. OK, that explains it... I knew that I was a follower and I was sure that there were others.

    I live in fear of losing things on the rare days I update/change my own blog!

    That said, I think that this is gorgeous, rich - really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Fran. I back up my blog on my laptop hard-drive, a thumb-drive, and an external hard-drive. I never had to use it before today. I backed everything up before setting about my upgrade.

    Thanks, I am glad you like it. Me, too. It kind of feels like pre-Spring cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red is the color of the Holy Spirit and of matryrs; spirit and blood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it looked liturgical. :-) Reminds me of Pentecost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Despite the hardships, it looks wonderful! Though I admit, since you are the only blog I follow, it took me a moment to figure out how to do so :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Sara. Hardship seems to be the order of the day for me so far in 2011.

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...