Friday, March 14, 2008

Help Me Mary Please



Liz Phair, like St. Paul is one born out of time- okay bad analogy- but she is also one born out of place (i.e., too late for the bi-coastal punk scene and in Chicago). Her music is an eclectic blend of pop stylings, punk, and Chicago electric blues. Along with my dear Beth, she is one of my favorite post-punk alt artists. Her album Exile in Guyville remains a classic, at least for me. Help Me Mary, performed live in London, is our Friday traditio. The video and sound quality are not the greatest, but that is okay for Lent.

2 comments:

  1. I know almost nothing of her stuff. Can you rock out to it or is it more laid back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about both and, depends on the song and even on the album.

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...