Monday, December 30, 2019

Καθολικός διάκονος: End of the year roundup

Another year has nearly come and gone here at Καθολικός διάκονος. My biggest take-aways from 2019 are that blogging is rapidly becoming an obsolete form of social media and that I need probably need to step-up my game in 2020. If you're thinking, "The second doesn't necessarily follow from the first," you'd be correct. In other words, despite the diminished nature of blogging, I intend to keep doing it, at least for now. This provision is always important. Who knows what even the near-term future holds?



I must tell you, dear reader, the later into the year we went the more difficult blogging became. This is due primarily to the pace of my life. It bears noting, yet again, life trumps blogging. But it's good to look back. So, below you find a list of posts, one from each month, that I think represents the best of 2019. I kind of shy away from using either my Friday traditio, my Sunday reflections on the readings, or homilies on this list. However, I don't preclude them outright.

I would be happy for anyone to share a post or posts they read here this year that they found meaningful and a brief note as to why you found meaningful.

January:- "Books and the world; Catholicism versus Catholisilly"

February:- "The humanity inherent in Christian monasticism"

March:- "We fast to 'fill the emptiness of our hearts'"

April:- "Hope in desolation: the burning of Notre Dame"

May:- "Quiet revolutions bring lasting change"

June:- "Becoming affirming: mileposts along the way"

July:- "The (temporarily?) disrupted quest for a more perfect union"

August:- "Depression and hope through faith"

September:- "But to stand there it takes some grace"

October:- "Another 'take' for Evening Prayer I- Sunday, Week III"

November:- "A thought or two about Thanksgiving"

December:- "Looking past Christmas gives me hope "

Hopefully, I will see you "here" in the New Year, the beginning of a new decade. It's hard to believe that the 2020s will be the third decade in which this little, independent blogging effort, which began so oddly, continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...