Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ordination anniversary

Today marks the ninth anniversary of my ordination to the diaconate. It's difficult to believe it has been that long! It doesn't seem possible.

My fellow ordinands and I prostrating before the altar in The Cathedral of the Madeleine


I am reminded today of something from the prayer of ordination for deacons:

"Lord, send forth upon him the Holy Spirit, that he may be strengthened by the gift of your sevenfold grace to carry out faithfully the work of the ministry."

My prayer is to faithfully carry out the work of Christ's ministry until I draw my last breath. This thought brings to my mind Jerry Shea, Anniceto Armendariz, and Scott Chisholm, three brothers who were also ordained on 24 January 2004.

6 comments:

  1. Blessings in abundance! Gratitude for your life of service! Ad multos annos to you, dear brother and friend in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 9th Anniversary, Deacon! I'm a young person and love reading your blog. It's definitly in my favorites. I always check in daily. :) I'll keep you in my prayers. God bless!

    Hannah+

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ad multos annos, Scott. Thank you for your service to the Church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Bob. As you know, it is a great privilege to serve.

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...