Friday, April 13, 2012

"I want love to..."



Jack White's "Love Interruption" is our Friday traditio for this Friday in the octave of Easter because it truly is all about God, who is Love, that is, agapé. Especially during Easter, I can't help but invoke the last line of the Holy Father's 2006 Urbi et Orbi: Christus resurrexit, quia Deus caritas est! Alleluia!

"I want love to, forget that you offended me or how you have defended me, when everybody tore me down". Most of all, speaking only for myself, I want Love to resurrect me, but this song reminds me that can't happen until Love kills me, thus making me die to myself.

Happy Easter!

P.S.
I posted the song because I love it and it speaks about love in a way that many of us Christians too often ignore, opting instead for a sickly, sentimental kind of thing, which is not the kind of relationship Christ seeks to draw us into. He loves us too much for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...