Friday, February 17, 2012

"Has your conscience shown?"



Collective Soul, doing an acoustic version their song "The World I Know" in Morocco, is this week's traditio. In last night's post I mentioned the importance of viewing things sub specie aeternatis, especially painful things, (i.e., "under the aspect of eternity"), which Don Gius calls "living in the awareness of your destiny." This is nothing other than our inherent longing for transcendence, which longing constitutes our humanity. Why mention all of that? Because I find this song captures that longing beautifully.

Are we listening?/Hymns of offering./Have we eyes to see?/Love is gathering./All the words that I've been reading/Have now started the act of bleeding/Into one

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...